2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me the main differeces between an A6 Quattro
4.2 and an S6 ??
is it just the trim inside ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey i am having S6 ...so can tell you about S6!
S6 has wider wheels, flared arches and different suspension, which is firmer and lower. Consequently the handling is far better, especially on bumpy roads and particularly in compression. I don't notice any significant difference in the ride. I've also noticed that there is far less understeer on the S6. Bonnet and front wings are alloy on my S6, but don't know about the A6 4.2- There aren't many S6s on the market and in the 30 months I've had mine I've not seen another on the road, so you also get exclusivity! ;)
Originally posted by Baird@Aug 5 2004, 02:45 PM
4.2 and an S6 ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi 88....thanx a lot for reply...i'm too thinking of purchasing this car....it is really very nice that it S6 has wider wheels, flared arches and different suspension, which is firmer and lower. Consequently the handling is far better, especially on bumpy roads....thanx again..bye for now..

Originally posted by 88micheal@Aug 6 2004, 03:58 AM
hey i am having S6 ...so can tell you about S6!
S6 has wider wheels, flared arches and different suspension, which is firmer and lower. Consequently the handling is far better, especially on bumpy roads and particularly in compression. I don't notice any significant difference in the ride. I've also noticed that there is far less understeer on the S6. Bonnet and front wings are alloy on my S6, but don't know about the A6 4.2- There aren't many S6s on the market and in the 30 months I've had mine I've not seen another on the road, so you also get exclusivity! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Baird@Aug 5 2004, 08:45 AM
4.2 and an S6 ??

i have just got the A6 4.2 2001 and the difference is that the S6 has been lowered a very very small fraction, thats it oh and a badge, the A6 4.2 without sport has a lot more added on the inside,the A6 4.2 has wide arches and the wide wheels and the handlind is the same as i drove both. i think the S6 is harder on the road, yes it is firmer but remember that you will feel ever bump. now the RS6 is a different car, now that is the best car ever made so the BBC top gear show said last year.
and they are tough.

understeer,,, what understeer, thsi is the same car but the S6 badge and it has been lowered 10mm. thats all, buy the S logo online for $22 and get it lowered if you want a hard ride.i have had my A6 for 6 days and i put new tires on and boy can this car go. i put 255 40 17 on at the tirerack and he puts the same size and tires on the S6. please free to ask any other questions as i spent 4 weeks looking at both cars and bought mine on ebay out of texas, and what a deal i got.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by Baird@Aug 5 2004, 06:45 AM
4.2 and an S6 ??
hi you are my first time. The differeces between these graet cars is 40 bhp, THE A6 4.2 = 300 BHP, the S6 4.2 = 340 and the handling is also better on s6 its a little lower and thicker anti roll bar all help when you use your right boot. The s6 is better then a6 but its not the best, the s6 has a big brother called rs6 = 450 bhp this car is a fire breathing monster and will break the heat of most super car drivers and the super cars that it will not beat it will leave to its bigger brother the rs6+ = 480 bhp only 999 of rs6+ will be made so if you are luck bye one now, hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts