Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to purchase either A6 2.8 Quatrro (T Reg) or an A4 SE (X Reg), both low milage and for the same price.

Any help on deciding whats the best option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Doug,
I think it probably depends on what you are looking for in a car. The A6 is mid-size while the A4 is smaller. Also, do you want a 6 cylinder or 4 cylinder engine? I think those are the main differences. I just bought an A6 2.8 Quattro Avant and love the fact that it is very roomy and comfortable but still gets decent gas mileage. The ride is amazing too.
Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just concerned about the fuel consumption.
The A6 has all the extras but the A4 is more econimcal.

The wife says A4, I keep thinking A6 Quattro!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to have an Audi 80 many moons ago, when I decided to replace it the obvious choice was an A4.
We went and looked at a few, then stumbled across a mint A6 which was a similar price so had a test drive in that as well.
Needless to say I will not have any other car but an A6 now, the A4 felt really cramped and small after the A6.
Phil (UK)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I totally agree with Phil. I absolutely love my A6 Avant Quattro (which was brilliant in the snow today). I average about 24 on the highway, which is substantially better than the 16 mpg I got in my Mercedes. The ride is so much better than the smaller version, the gadgets are plentiful, and the interior room is wonderful. I drove an A4 and a Passat wagon and know I made the right choice with the A6!
Greg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I average about 48mpg but mine is the 1.9 TDi model.
More than enough power and especially low end torque which is more use to me than top speed.
As you say, you still get all the nice little exta touches as standard on the A6. This one is my second A6 and I would be very hard pushed to know what else to buy if I had to replace it. Probably another one the same I should think.

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts