Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked my 1999 A6-2.8 Quattro, after driving it all week. Came out this AM and the car won't start. I have checked the fuses for the fuel pump, ECM and all are good. I pulled the plugs and they are bone dry. I cracked the fuel line at the intake manifold and found no pressure and a dribble of fuel. Does anyone know of a way to simple way to check fuel delivery??

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Battery is fully charged... Hey, how do I get the cover off that houses the fuel pump under the seat? Do I need a special tool?

Ikon

·
Registered
4 Posts
:banana: suggest two things fuel pump relay... buy a new one and an extra one as spare. $30 each. Change your fuel filter. I do mine once a year. Twice last year because some stations sell Cr *& when supplies get tight and expensive.
Pop the fuse panel and use the chart. Get the p/n and order or buy locally it is used in other autos. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When you turn on your key does your fuel pump prime up?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure about older models, but when you open your door, the micro switch sends a signal to prime the fuel pump. A easy way is to take the pressure hose loose and have someone watch the hose, if you crank and do not have fuel spraying out of the line, you know you dont have fuel...fuel pump fuse is a 20 amp fuse, most of the time its the third one up from the bottom in first column of regular sized blade fuses, not the mini fuses....you basically just tug hard and the rear seat pops up on each side....you can also check to see if you are getting power and ground buy taking a simple test like and a tech screwdriver and clamp it and place the test light probe in the power side pin and the screwdriver tip on the ground wire, basically completing the circuit...have someone crank the car and if the light lights up, you know have good power and ground....and if the fuel is not spraying ,,,you know you have a bad fuel pump.....hope this helps

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts