Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an A6 with 27,000 miles. When the air is on, a noise comes from the front passenger side (it sounds like the fan). The dealership claims it is fluid moving through the system, they have seen one other case of this and audi claims it is unrepairable. This is not acceptable given the pricetag of an audi. Does anyone have any information that would help solve the issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by kar@Oct 21 2004, 03:50 PM
I just bought an A6 with 27,000 miles. When the air is on, a noise comes from the front passenger side (it sounds like the fan). The dealership claims it is fluid moving through the system, they have seen one other case of this and audi claims it is unrepairable. This is not acceptable given the pricetag of an audi. Does anyone have any information that would help solve the issue?
My '99 A-6 has the same noise. My dealer said it was the secondary cooling fan making the noise and it should be replaced. I am not sure if that is correct though. I only hear it when I am breaking. Let me know what you find out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by bhb399mm@Nov 17 2004, 02:21 AM
does this only happen when the air conditioning is on? or when any tempature air is blowing?
I just came back from a 4 hour road trip from Whistler B.C. back to Seattle and noticed my "cricket" noise only occured with the fan on. It also would chirp louder if I was turning to the right or if I am breaking. I would turn the the fan off & on, off & on etc. and eventually the noise would go away. But it seems to be getting louder and more prevalent during the first 30 minutes after start up. It is very annoying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts