Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since a few of us DIY our cars, I am curious, are the Audi's friendly when it comes to DIY? I'm thinking Struts and shocks, ball joint, thermostat, brakes .... and of course oil changes (still looking for where the oil filter is in a 1996 A6). I do these work on my MB's now along with the family's Caravan, Taurus and Explorer. The A6 can't be any more difficult... or are they?

I am looking at getting a 1996 A6 with 134k miles. Would appreciate responses today. Might make a deal this afternoon.

Am also planning on getting the Bentley repair cd on this car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my A6 Avant about 6 weeks and three people - two garages and a tyre place have said they are difficult to work on because there is so much packed into the engine bay. It took 4 days to find and fix a coolant leak!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
tobybul said:
Since a few of us DIY our cars, I am curious, are the Audi's friendly when it comes to DIY? I'm thinking Struts and shocks, ball joint, thermostat, brakes .... and of course oil changes (still looking for where the oil filter is in a 1996 A6). I do these work on my MB's now along with the family's Caravan, Taurus and Explorer. The A6 can't be any more difficult... or are they?

I am looking at getting a 1996 A6 with 134k miles. Would appreciate responses today. Might make a deal this afternoon.

Am also planning on getting the Bentley repair cd on this car.

Thanks.
Have a look at this site which one off our members has created !! Audi DIY (Do It Yourself)

·
Registered
13 Posts
bentley manuals are a god send!, ive put an exhaust. complete front suspension arm kit and im in the middle of trying to sort an abs fault, ive found nothing terribly difficult to fix, the top suspension arms are a bit hard, always seized up so plenty of gas torch required but no probs really, i love my a6! beats a people carrier hands down!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts