Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some performance mods, i.e. chip, intake, exhaust, and can't find anything for the 4.2l A6. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are not many mods for the 4.2. A chip won't yield you much HP because it is a natural asperated engine (hopefully I spelled that right), meaning its not turbo'd or supercharged. You can add an air system and exhaust. It will help it breathe and sound better but still the HP will be extremely minimal! The horse to modify is the 2.7T! You can check Milltek for the exhaust. GIAC, APR or AWE Tuning for chips and LLTEK. Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is actually my boss's car. I have an S2000 and there is a ton of modifications avalible for my car. He asked me about modifying his car and I told him I would look into. I am a little out of my element in the audi scene. Initially he wanted to get a chip and I told him on N/A they won't get you much because they can't change the boost. I looked at almost all the companies you listed and none offer anything performance wise for the 4.2l. I will tell him his first mod should be selling the 4.2 and get an RS6.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sell.....that is blasphemy! Tell him to keep the 4.2 and buy an RS4 or RS6 if its in his price range. The 4.2 is a keeper, its a great car with lots to offer!

OOOO

·
Registered
16 Posts
More power

Hi s2kboi

It is possible to reach more horsepower and torgue with chip tuning regardless of that your car doesn't have a turbocharger. It is possible to increase a power about 14 kW with 24 Nm increased torque. At the same time, a top speed increases a little bit and a fuel consumption decreases as well.

And yes, I know that that kind of power and torque increase is almost nothing, but it is possible.

Please visit a following link. It is in the Netherlads language, but surely you will get the point.

Chiptuning Audi TDI en 1.8 T RS en S-line, CHIPMEISTER NEDERLAND, chiptuning audi, audi chiptuning, audi tuning, tuning audi,vag, ABT, PON

Br.
-JK
:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts