Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Joseph, I recently purchased an A6 2.7 turbo 2001. I am having a problems with tires going flat. Seems every few days one of my tires is flat originally I thought it was only one, took it to dealer they said there was a problem and charged me $150, a week later the tires flat again, NO puncture NO leek can't find anything filled with air and off i went. Now a couple of the other tires are also doing the same thing. They are Pirelli Low profile tires that came witht his car.
I also have a question about snow tires for this vehicle. IS audi the only one that can sell me 16" rims and tires for this car. THE 2.7 turbo comes with the larger breaks so I am having difficulty getting someone to fit this car.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks I love my AUDI but am afraid when i go back to my car one of the tires will be flat. NOT a big problem but defenitely a nuisance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow that's really wierd. Do you have a jealous neighbor? Check out Tire Rack. They have plenty of wheel / tire options for your car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Could be a couple of reasons for this. How old are your tires and rims. If the mag rims were used in the winter there could be corrosion which can prevent a proper seal for the tire and you'll loose the air gradually out of the tire. The mags are aluminum and may have a small crack. If the tire is older it may not be providing a good seal against the rim.
Be careful about using aftermarket (no-name) steel rims with your winter tires. Some of them use lower gauge metal and the centre whole which fits onto the wheel hub has to be a good fit since it bears most of the weight. I've heard a couple of horror stories about the studs breaking off the wheel hubs.
If you don't want to get new from Audi, check out the local paper classified section. There is usually somebody selling sets of OEM rims & tires for alot less than the original cost.
And yes, you will probably have to use 16" rims due to the size of the brake calipers.
Finally, I had a steel belt shift on my Pirelli winter tires last year and had to replace two of them as a result. Not impressed by Pirelli.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts