Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, i am looking to buy myself an 2001-2003 a6 but i dont know which one I should buy. I had a 1990 v8 quattro 3.6l before that i really liked and then I had a 1997 volvo 850r that has a 2.3l turbo engine. I must say I liked both engines a lot but dont know which one I liked better. Do those turbos hold long. Are they high or low pressure? Does anybody have experience with tuning those turbos? I mean on the volvos and saabs you can just crank up the pressure and make those cars go nuts but i know that some other engines die almost instantly if you do that. what kind of mpg do you get? Can u install air suspension like in the a8s in the a6? And finally ... do you think that car is big and comfy enough to take 4 snowboarders on a 1week trip from portland/or to lake tahoe (12hours driving time) I hope some of you will answer so talk to u soon ...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
the A6 is a big car not MBENZ SCLASS BIG but it should fit 4 adults comfertly
and if u want to do some performace is say go with 2.7TT
its is the same engine in the older S4 which is a twin turbo v6
that engine has a lot of potential

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes. if you want to do some tun'en the the 2.7 is a wise choice. However the 4.2 sport package has a wider stance and a bigger brake package. Also look for the handy ski sack hidden behind the pull down arm rest in the back seat. Tell everyone on Mt Hood we said hi :p

·
Registered
12 Posts

I like the 4.2, it goes like snot, and with the sport package, handles great and stops.......
I have Eibach pros on it with Konis, and Eagel F1's on it.....Tenacious grip......

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same dilemma a couple of years ago V8 or 2.7T. I loved the way the V8 looked and handled w/nice low end torque, but it was a little too heavy in the front for my hilly turn driving. Got the 2.7 then chipped larger intercoolers, sway bars and more. It is a hoot! However with the 6 spd it is for active driving. The V8 is quick, and a great hwy car. If I move to less 7 mile jaunts and into highway driving or into a stop and go world I will switch to a V8...Wider grips real well. It is a matter of your style now and where you think you'll be in a couple of years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts