Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 A6 2.5TDi has been cutting out intermittently for several months. It usually happens while accelerating. The engine stops responding to the throtle and you have to pull over switch off the ignition and then start again. When it happens it feels like you are hitting a rev limiter. I took it to a garage and they ran the diagnostics and found that the throtle position sensor needed to be reset. Since this it has happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks. When it happened yesterday I was accelerating away from a roundabout and when I pulled over the engine was idling at 1200rpm with no response from the throttle. Switched off the ignition and restarted and continued as normal.

Has anyone else experienced this and what was the issue? Any ideas please.

Best regards,

Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
a_r_wood said:
My 2000 A6 2.5TDi has been cutting out intermittently for several months. It usually happens while accelerating. The engine stops responding to the throtle and you have to pull over switch off the ignition and then start again. When it happens it feels like you are hitting a rev limiter. I took it to a garage and they ran the diagnostics and found that the throtle position sensor needed to be reset. Since this it has happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks. When it happened yesterday I was accelerating away from a roundabout and when I pulled over the engine was idling at 1200rpm with no response from the throttle. Switched off the ignition and restarted and continued as normal.

Has anyone else experienced this and what was the issue? Any ideas please.

Best regards,

Andrew
My 2000 A6 quattro 2.5 diesel has just started exhibiting the same problem.

Did you ever resolve your issue and how?

Thanks in advance

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my 1999 A6 Quattro 2.5 TDI has been doing exactly the same thing recently, only, i got caught out on the motorway.
Had the AA out.
He said i had problem with my primary pump(in or near the fuel tank, under the back seat)
My diesel filter inlet pipe (From the tank) was not receiving any fuel at certain times, especially if the accerlerator pedal was to the floor or i had been on the motorway for an hour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts