Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi New owner of a second hand 1.9TDI quattro sport 2130 bhp 2/9/03 plate purchased from main audi dealer ex demo and 1 real owner purchased 1/8/06 with 25000 miles on clock . Full extra years Audi warranty with car. Paid £16,450. Have driven for 4 months and mileage now up to 31,000.

Did a hill start (steep hill) clutch was fully out and car hardly moved burning smell. Seems to be no problem on flat but sounds to me like clutch is about to go. (it was a steep hill but should be no problem for this car.

I have just noticed from the great Audi warranty that sllipping clutch is not covered.

Question 1..... Can clutches just give up at any point or would it have been possible for garage to look/feel if clutch was on way out when they sold it to me. They say they have a huge checking system to check all main components before releasing the car!!! I have never had a clutch burn out on me before and this is still an exceptionally low mileage.

Question 2.... Do Audi quattros have an issue with clutches and can I suggest that this is a faulty part or am I simply stuffed because its the clutch and is not designed to last for ever.

Any help or advice on how to deal with the garage to get this fixed under warranty would be appreciated.

The car was immaculate and looked like it was hardly driven but it may have been possible that the last driver had bad clutch control and it was badly used??

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi still me

Audi said that if the car was under strain such as hill start on a very steep hill then it was ok for the clutch not to operate properly "as long as my car was driving ok afterwards then nothing to worry about young man". Nothing we can do -would cost a lot to check as gearbox has to be removed although we can get an engineer to drive it and try and see if anything weird was happening but he said that I would know my carbetter than they would and would know if there was any changes.
Sounds like clutch issue is an impossible thing to check I wondered if I bought another car I should do a hill start check to see how it operated as a clutch test????? Anyway that was the reply for anybody who was interested.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts