Registered
38 Posts
try
www.upsolute.com (Austrian company)

very cheap & very good....

I had a B5 A4 1.8 Turbo Sport with 150bhp
Upsolute chip takes it to 192bhp....
Forums on the website - quite popular in the USA

(I now have a V6 TDi - with 215bhp - superb)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try to find your local APR (Audi performance and Racing) Dealer, they offer very good cat back or turbo back exhaust and also excellent software. The 1st stage for the B5 A4 puts out an honest 213hp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So far from the research I've done I'm leaning toward the GIAC chip as the first upgrade. Total price I was quoted was $750 .... This includes the stock program and a handheld flashloader to switch back to stock programming. Without those extras it was about $550.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
the flashloader is 100% necessary... its a great addition to the GIAC software.. i've got the flashloader for my allroad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by jtdinva@May 17 2005, 10:23 AM
So far from the research I've done I'm leaning toward the GIAC chip as the first upgrade. Total price I was quoted was $750 .... This includes the stock program and a handheld flashloader to switch back to stock programming. Without those extras it was about $550.
Me too an its necessary to keep the car under warranty. stock mode saves you problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it a pain in the rear end to switch between programs using a laptop instead of the flash loader ? I haven't gotten it done yet because my local shop has the chip on backorder right now .......... But I was trying to decide if I wanted to pay the extra dough for the flashloader or just use my laptop. Any experience you can share ? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i would go with either GIAC or REVO becasue in the future if u want to upgrade to a K04 turbo they have program for that turbo and APR doesnt

but i say go with the dealer thats closest to you so you can get support from them if it is needed

·
Registered
10 Posts
GIAC is not welded and it is a much better program and more reliable than Revo. It is a computer program loaded into the the cars computer memory.

GIAC lets you know you have a turbo.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
how do u kno GIAC is better then REVO
and theres no sodering for us B6s now its all reflashing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All,

I am new to this place.
I have had A4 1.8T Quattro for 2 years now, great car but lack power. I used to drive V-12 Jaguar and BMW325 before, so get used to some torque at the low rev range….
Audi really handles well when it is wet or offroad.
Anyway, want to chip it now. APR seems the way to go.
I just wonder if anyone has loaded APR software in to the ECU? I can get my hands on the VGA?? tool which connects to the computer. Would be nice to do it yourself for fun and save few hundreds of green dollars 
It seems that you can download the soft off the net.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
well V12 jag may have power... but not the BMW .. lol

anyway, APR or GIAC are usually the best for the 1.8t. i wouldnt recomend doing it yourself, best to have a registered APR/GIAC dealer do it to make sure everything is good.

VAG-COM tool = VW/Audi (VW Auto Group) diagnostic/code tool

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All,
I just had APR Stage 1 upgrade done to my A4 1.8T Quattro B6.
The power increase (judging by acceleration feel) seems to be only about 10-15%. Clamed increase is about +51KW. Which is a big jump from 110KW originally.
I wonder is there something can be possibly wrong with my engine or it is just me been too greedy for power…..
I am used to be a car mechanic in the past so I have a rough idea of how the engines feel like.
It seems that I may need to go to Stage 2 or 3 got get some reasonable power out of it. Which is a bit of shame as I do not want to run the motor under so mach boost.
Looks like to be able to have some fun I will have to get something with the bigger engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts