Audi Forums banner

a4 turbo

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  docurley 
#1 ·
i need to upgrade my turbo in my 99.5 a4 1.8t quattro it currently has the normal ko3 turbo and my friend told me to get the ko3 sport it has about 20 more hp and will get me that pshhhh sound i crave..and this would be my cheapest way to do so..the turbo im looking at is from a 2000 something vw gti i do belive it has an upgraded diverter valve and a few other goodies..i was woundering if one it will fit and two if me who is not a mechanic and my friend which is a mechanic could do this..also i was currious how you got to the turbo if you needed to take the front end off or anything..

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thank you vert much...he has a 2001 vw gti hatch i think.. 1.8t and his car makes some noticable noise when the turbo lets go...i need that sound..any suggestions on that..i was looking into an hks diverter valve or the bailys one..how hard of an instalation would that be..?

#7 ·
here goes, if upgrading from K03 don't bother going to K03s as the gains would be pointles not unless someone gave it to you. if going bigger look at the K04-15 and upwards i.e GT28rs GR2871r kits.

K04-15 = up to 240bhp max with all the kit and mapping
GT28rs = about 300-310bhp with the rest of the hardware and mapping
GT2871= approx 340-380bhp with the rest of the hardware and mapping

The auto box will run a K04-15 without any issues but PES do a trip chip if you like and will help some.

Sound as stated can be got to ways

1. Cone filter (You will loose power)
2. A BOV or as known here in the UK DV (if going this way buy a good DV like Bailyes).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.