Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1997 Audi A4 about 3 months ago. Since then I've been plagued by flu-like symptoms including coughing, blocked nose, heavy breathing etc. It occurred to me that in cold weather, the car windows steamed up very quickly and that when the hot air system (not AC) was turned on, the car got uncomfortably hot & stuffy very quickly. I'm not used to this, as I previously drove a 1992 Micra which was more or less open to the elements.
Long story short I went to my doctor who was puzzled at how long the symptoms were persisting. I just mentioned that I had switched cars and he asked me "it's not an Audi A4 is it?" He has had two other A4-driving patients with identical symptoms.
Has anyone else heard of any similar problems?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
WTF how can they link it to that
maybe theres somehting growing in your air vents

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
wow thats pretty f****** crazy, thats the 1st time i ever heard of someone getting SICK from there car. yea i agree it's gotta be something in your air vents. but although change in tempertures can also get u sick!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think it's pretty unlikely that the car is making you sick. That being said, get your car checked to make sure the fresh air vent is working properly. If your car fogs up in cold weather that's often because the air vent setting is in (or even stuck in) the re-circulate position. This uriculates the cabin air through the heater and helps warm the cabin up faster in the winter but also results in fogged windows if left "on" too long.
Second. get your cabin air "Heppa" filter changed. It will make a significant difference to the in cabin air quality and may help relieve your symptomns.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts