Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
has any body else experienced their A4(Avant) veering to the left during normal driving conditions? I have had my (1st) Audi for six months, and this has been happening to me since day one! Rather annoying, and also i consider it unsafe. Audi have told me that this is a characteristic of the A4. this problem is obviously ruining my enjoyment of having an A4. I would be grateful for any feedback.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Ive never heard anything about the A4 steering bad??.

My Avant doesnt pull to the left ??

After all its not a Ford Mondeo !! LOL

Have you got the B5/B6 or B7 model??

What size rims have you got on it ? Are the tyres the same on the front ?and have you checked the pressures are correct for the type of Alloy ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice

Thanks guys for the replies, Audi has had the car back four times already,and i presume that they have checked out all of the suggestions that you gave.It seems that i am being given excuses by Audi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
jack the front end up enough so the both fron wheels are off the ground. if there is play or you can wiggle the wheels from side to side your tie rods need to be replaced. having a tie rod fail would be very dangerous. but since it only pulls left i think this is an alignment issue. if the tie rods were really worn it should be equally bad steering left and right. turn in from on center would come late and loose. if you had a worn bushing in the controll arms usually you would hear clunking, thumps or squeaking over bumps at low speed.
i have been fooled before because of the crowns in the roads made it seem like the car was pulling inherenty to one side.in truth it was sloppy left and right, but the sloping towards the curb from centerline inherent in most roadbed was playing with my senses. i think a lot of places will at least check the alignment for free.

i have too many dealership issues to list. usually end up doing work myself if at all possible rather then the stealership route.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steering probs too !

hi guys .. i've the 2006 a4 tdi sline with the 18's on and the std conti - 235/40/18's.
since i've had the car from new it has had a faint steering glitch .,. it just pulls ever so slightly to the left .. and occasionally the steering gives a mild bit of feedback .. as in gives a little force in the oppo direction .. as in steer to the left .. you get a little kick back as if it wants to steer back to the right for a split second .. very wiered !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts