Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed?

Can any body tell me how to check whether or not my car has heated door mirrors?

The manual says it might have but gives no ideas how to switch them on/off and what to do if they don't work.

Any ideas would be gratful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yip, basically it should have heated mirrors. theres no button to switch em on or off. it automatic. also you have heated windscreen washers.
to check you do have them, on a cold morning, the morning due should evapourate off and you will see the water vapour like steam, or if its icey, the ice will melt completely within 2 mins

·
Registered
195 Posts
Your options code sticker will also tell you - it has a bunch of 3 letter codes.

On my '99 A4 it's option:

6XD outer rear view mirrors: powered, heated

On a cold morning with the mirrors fogged up, they should clear before your defroster gets the windshield defrosted.

'99 A4 Avant 1.8T

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
The heated door mirrors only come on when you put the heated rear window on - (well thats how it works in the uk market, cant imagine it been different)

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm thanks guys :( dont think mine are working then.

Drove the car this morning and they were not clearing and no water dripping off.

I check fuse 10 which I think is the one that controls them.

Any other ideas how to check them out without taking loads of door trim off?

How are the mirror glasses replaced

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Its inside the front page of your service manual, or stuck on the side of the spare wheel cavity in the boot.

There's a series of codes that relates to the option fitted to the car, I'm not sure which codes relates to heated mirrors? It may be 6XD, but I'm in the UK and there may have been different codes? for different models and years?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts