Audi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an Audi A4 S Line 1.9TDI Avant and recently the clutch flywheel failed for no reason am super gentle with the clutch so took it to my own mechanic who I've known for years and is a very good mechanic and really knows his stuff which is when I stopped using Audi for services and started using him bearing in mind hes always done my cars and the rest of my family. When he took the gearbox out to change the clutch and flywheel he noticed there was play in the driveshaft bearing. Upon investigating he noticed there was a gap where the bearing was seated when checking online if this was correct as he wanted to make sure that as he suspected it wasn't he found out the VW US issued a statement that this was a known issue and his 1st feelings that it shouldn't be so where correct and that the bearing has to be fitted with shims after being measured with either verbier clippers or and internal micromerter of some sort. Why is Audi US issuing this statement for the same gearbox which affects quite alot of models and Audi UK isn't and when confronted on the matter denying anything to do with it and the fact that this statement was issued by Audi US doesn't matter even tho they are concerning the same gearboxes?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts