Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0 for less than 1 year and both key remotes have stopped working. I've tried resetting them and no luck. The first dealership told me I had to come back with all my keys as they will need to be re-programed and if I didn't have them all with me the others would not work again.

I then happened to stop by a second dealership, and they told me there was a recall on them and new keys had to be cut etc. I have to schedule a entire day appointment so that they can cut new keys and re-program.

Has anyone had similar issues and/or heard of a formal recall?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i havent but i say go with the recall, see if they will give u a loaner car

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

There is a recall on A4's 2005 models, you have to take all your keys to the dealership and they will be destroyed, unfortunatley these keys are on back order at the minute(in UK anyway). it is usually advisable to to set aside a full day as they take ages to recode.

Hope this has helped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: Brought my car in and the remotes not working are part of a service action. Essentially they need to test them at the dealership first to determine if they qualify. Once they qualify, they will order keys (about 1 week) and then dealer will reset new keys and destroy the old ones.....just ordered the new keys today....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing with me but just one does not work. I have to go back to the dealer to destroy the old ones and replace them.
Two weeks waiting...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts