Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that the rear anti roll bar needs replacing on my 03 A4 Cab due to bushes splitting. Has snybody come across this problem. An Audi mechanic says its a common problem

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Audi has replaced my anti roll bar under warranty with a redesigned version. There is a problem with the original design which causes the retaining bushes to split and dislodge. :460:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
wut was the problem, i upgrades my anti roll bars or SWAY BARS to H-sport sway bars

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have same problem with my A2, see A2 forum for post, and Audi say that they have encountered problem before. mine outside warranty and they wont replace without charge now. sounds harsh to me if they knew there was a problem with the originals.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just had my A4 Cab back to the dealer to check banging noise when pulling out of junctions briskly (loosing traction). It feels like axel tramp that used to affect leaf sprung rear wheel drive cars.
The dealer replaced some front suspension bushes with modified ones.
What else is wrong with the suspension on these cars that they know about but keep quiet until we complain.
The bush replacement didnt cure the noise.
I actually think it is due to the limited slip diff fitted to my sport model as it only happens with steering lock on. Has anybody else experienced this "feature"

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re the Quattro question, I know somebody who had the same problem on his quattro.
Attached is a picture of my roll bar bush, as you can see the bush has moved and there is some splitting of the rubber. I presume that the new one I had fitted has some sort of flange to stop it moving

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts