Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you b5 guys? I'm lookin to get a new audi for sure this summer and I was curious do you think I'm better off buying an a4 or s4. I'm looking to do quite a few afeter market mods. Do you think I'm better of spending on the s4 or buying an a4 and putting some mods on it?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
depends on personally preference.... if you have enough money for an b5 s4 then why not an 02 b6 a4

·
Registered
35 Posts
funny I was JUST discussing this with a friend of mine today.. Mods are nothing but problems! I have an A4 and tried to mod it more and more so that its like ab S4 and I just get more and more headaches... I should have just bought an S4 with all the money I spent modding my A4! Just by adding a chip and changing the diverter valves to forger diverter valves you get 340HP with your S4. With an A4 you're gonna have to change your turbo, clutch flywheel etc and spends thousands to get that kind of horsepower and you still don't have all the extras of the S4... take it from someone who learned the hard way! GET AN S4 if you have the money for it!

·
Registered
470 Posts
If your after power and it sounds like you are go for the s4. B5 1.8t and s4 have got plenty of aftermarket tuning parts but the s4 is a better base.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a b5 S4 and loved all 80k stock miles I put on it. I considered going all-out and making a full RS4 conversion, as a sedan though. I weighed the cost versus buying a new car, and decided I didn't want to deal with a car that might not work. If you look, you can find RS4 turbos for a good deal. Once you do the engine, you have to do the brakes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
hahaha, ^^^very tru. i saw an S4 today for about 17k and it had about 27,000mis. on it but it was an AUTO, unfortunatly. i would have deff. bought it right there and then if it was a 6spd!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
yea u won that !!!!!!^^^^ haha

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i gave up on speed.... no point... always going to be sum1 faster or crazier... then i got really into styling and like to know i have a little power under the hood, plus ya get more bitches :banana:

·
Registered
470 Posts
i gave up on speed.... no point... always going to be sum1 faster or crazier... then i got really into styling and like to know i have a little power under the hood, plus ya get more bitches
Ha ha amen brother

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
hehe its true though.... i like people to see me coming, nice and slow. see the wheels, feel the system, so the tv's and go wow that car is hooked up. must have put over $10,000USD into it. rather then a car blow right by only response would be, wow what a ****.... he didnt even signal

·
Registered
65 Posts
I never understood the 'tv in the car-thing' until my friend had to take two little kids on a long car ride. Who is watching tv while you're driving? I love a strong, crisp, clear audio system, but I don't need it so loud that people hear me coming down the street. Am I listening to the music for me, or for them?

I like my audi because the styling cues are subtle, and I like to keep it that way. I would never go with bigger wheels, tv's. The only thing I plan to do is the exhaust and intake. Then they'll surely hear me coming down the street.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Its a way of life for me. I sell big wheels screens and **** like that at work so ive always changed my cars. Its always nice to get some looks and if you've got some bass going it helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I realize that I am probably in the minority when it comes to prefering a stock look on most cars...and I am not trying to tell people what to do with their cars. But it's rare for me to see a car with aftermarket wheels that makes me go Wow! Usually I wonder why? I think most people go too big on wheels, and I think big wheels look stupid on most cars. Ground effects, spoilers, side skirts...unless you are racing, this crap is useless. I'll never understand the tv/video game thing. I'd like a sushi bar, an ice cream maker, and an electronic toothbrush in my car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts