Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question.

I have had my car 2 weeks and maybe im paranoid but i hear a weezing noise as i am driving through the front wheels. and seem to feel a slight feedback on the accelerator. im not used to the car yet so not sure if its just me or is there something to worry about.

can someone put my mind at rest please

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I had the same problem and found it to be the plastic valve that is connected to a rubber pipe at the top/rear of the engine as viewed looking from front of engine to rear of compartment.

I had just had a water sensor replaced in the area and the mechanic must have dislodged one part of the plastic valve from the other. Subsequently when I drove the car you could hear a sucking noise as through the turbo pipe wasnt tight enough allowing air to rush past the joints.

I had to glue the two halves of the plastic valve back together and the problem has gone away. NB. My car suffered a slight hickup when accelerating before I fixed the valve and that too has gone away.

Regards

Mick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I had the same problem and found it to be the plastic valve that is connected to a rubber pipe at the top/rear of the engine as viewed looking from front of engine to rear of compartment.

I had just had a water sensor replaced in the area and the mechanic must have dislodged one part of the plastic valve from the other. Subsequently when I drove the car you could hear a sucking noise as through the turbo pipe wasnt tight enough allowing air to rush past the joints.

I had to glue the two halves of the plastic valve back together and the problem has gone away. NB. My car suffered a slight hickup when accelerating before I fixed the valve and that too has gone away.

Regards

Mick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts