Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2005 a4 1.8t. I was going over speed bump at 5 m/h with my glove box open.
Just as I clear the bump the glove box lid jerk up and down for a sec and then I heard a crack. One of the hinges broke. So I call the dealer and he said "bring it in". He said that it not cover under the warrenty and wants $1150 to replace the whole thing. I said to him do you think that is reasonable? he no but he cannot do anything about it because he said that it is not audi fault that it hinge broke. what do you guys think? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I would go to the AUdi dealer and play ****! - its a new car and if you can somehow prove the part is at fault.. look on the plastic hinge and look for any flaws in the plastic, if it light and dark in places it could be moulded faulty.. I would be firm with them and explain how on earth can Audi not be liable for this on such a new car..

If they are funny with you insist on speaking with the dealer manager,.... (not the foreman of the workship) and advise this is not acceptable! ask him what the differance is with a faulty glove box is and a faulty seat for example... because if the seat is broken they would repair it... .also compare it to the boot/tunk.. and for example if the cenetre armrest broke that would be repaired under warrenrety... (i know the above things have been fixed under warrtary here in the uk)

Just be firm and dont leave until you get a postive answer... they will try and not do it but be firm!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
While I admire RickT's gusto I think you are going to have to depend on the goodwill of the dealer on this one. This doesn't strike me as a warranty issue. Remind the dealer how much you spent on your car and the years of service revenues you will be bringing to them in the futrue. Swear to remain a devoted customer if he'll help you out.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i say trie another dealer and see what they say
casue i rmemeber the B6 audi had alot of problems with the **** glove box

1 - 4 of 4 Posts