Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for (I have already done a search on the forum) a link to sites that have a high quality front suspension rebuild kit for a 1997 A4 1.8T. A friend of mine told me about a German kit that sells for about $400 but I have only been able to find listings in the $600's for an unbranded kit. Any help appreciated.

My car has also been lowered and in Idaho this is not a good thing. I have been searching for:
1-stock springs or
2-HD stock height springs
with no success. There seem to be a multitude of places selling lowering kits but not suspension kits that retain stock height. Again, any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Bob K

·
Registered
195 Posts
Don't know exactly what you consider no name brands, but ECS Tuning sells a complete kit for about the $600 you mention. They are a good company.

www.ecstuning.com

You may be able to source all the parts on eBay (I saw tie rod ends by Meyle) or do a search for parts manufactured by Meyle. They have been making good Audi parts for many years.

VB

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bob,

Regarding the springs, you might find a set of factory springs from the optional Audi Sport suspension. To the best of my knowledge, they are stiffer than stock and only a bit lower. I have the sport suspension on my '99 avant.

Attached photo.

VB

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts