Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 A4 2.8 which i had custom exhaust installed at a local shop. at first i only did a system from the middle silencer muffler to the rear exit muffler. i put a straight shot performance magnaflow muffler out the rear. at first this was nice because it was not to loud. but at higher RPM it made a nasty rattling sound from the back. i thought it could have been stopped up air from the big middle silencer causing the rattle, so today i had the middle silencer pulled off and replaced with a straight pipe. this gave the car a nice deep tone, (a little loud for my taste), but not so integra sounding. but that tin can sound at about 3 thousand RPM did not go away, it got worse! Any idea's?? im out of ideas? it only sounds nasty when i hit about 3 thousand RPM. could it be my rear exit muffler? is there anything to get rid of the nasty integra sound at higher RPM?

·
Registered
195 Posts
RedRocketA4,

I would contact the guys at AWE Tuning - they are big into Borla exhausts and have some of their own branded exhausts too (maybe made by Borla for them). Anyway, their exhausts sound great and although they do not have an exact exhaust for your car, they might be able to piece something together.

www.awe-tuning.com

Good luck,
VB

·
Premium Member
581 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
The people at stratmosphere have done a great job in bringing exhausts for all models of Audi to us, including the V6's. This is a great site for the Milltek exhaust. (Thanks for the post Mandoh). Maybe you can get just a rear section from them and have your shop install it.

If you had the money, the whole system is the better way to go (IMHO) since all the parts are matched. Definitely worth listening to the sound clip.

VB

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
yea i really like this site and i'm goin to mineke today and see if they can build me a down pipe for the 2.8L. and i'm on the way of purchasing the milltek exhaust so i'll let everyone no how it goes. and P.S. anyone know of a company that builds headers for the 2.8L. i have yet to find one!!!!!! :beer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
If im not mistaken, Supersprint sells an Header PN: 022 887 401 .... i came across them looking for ideas for my exhaust... still haven't decided... I'm thinking about a custom dual like the b6s...

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
yea i noticed that too, oh man if thats for the 2.8L i'm buying them!!!!!!!!!!! if u guys no if they are for the 2.8L model PLEASE let me no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:liebe011:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts