Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im in the uk and just got my audi i wonder if u anyone from the uk could help me find that sweet lip spoiler for my car? besides ebay..? hehe

cheers guys

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Get onto a breakers yard in the UK, you may even be luckly and get one in the same colour!! (saves respray if it t-cuts to the same shade!! )

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello

My advice is not to buy anything off of ebay...
I learned the hard way...

basically i bought a spoiler which had been moulded in "GRP" (which the advert said) - which is fibre glass to you & me.
I paid £60 + £10 P&P for it ....... i thought it was a bargain, unitl I received it

The spoiler never sat properly on the boot lid & you had to force it to sit in shape - the body shop quoted me £200+ to paint & fit it..... (basically they didnt want to fit it as they wouldn't guarntee it with the boot lid closing / slamming down etc...)

So i sold it on ebay, got my money back & bought the Audi original one @ £180 + i went back to the same body shop & he painted & fitted it for £120...
that was 16 months ago - no problems....
(The Audi original one has magnets moulded into it to hold it in place)

so to cut a long story short, save up £300 & get the job done right..... why ruin a £15k car with a copy spoiler with cataloy to fit the gaps!!!

If you want to see photos of before & after, email me.... [email protected]
cheers
David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts