Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The light in the front ashtray is not working and i'd like to replace it but how do i get at it? It seems like its under the gear selector.

I read somewhere u need to remove the stereo, then the climate control panel to get at it? It sounds wayy too over complicated for something so simple!

Isn't there an easier way?

P.s. I have a tiptronic model so removing the leather boot isn't so easy for me as its a hunk of metal with now visible screws etc.

Oh and i don't smoke for all u people that say to quit :p I just like everything working like it should!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
doesnt it just pop out??? take out the mat in the small tray just in front of it and you my be able to get to it that way??

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RickT said:
doesnt it just pop out??? take out the mat in the small tray just in front of it and you my be able to get to it that way??

Cheers

Rickt
Hey Rick,
Sorry for delayed reply but for some reason i'm not getting any instant e-mails telling me someone has replied.

Anyways yeah the ashtray u'd put ur rubbish in pops out easy peasie but what i want to get at is the light that should shine red.

What mat are you talking about? Do u mean that little tray by the ciggy lighter that has a felt mat in it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts