Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first car, an Audi A4 Avant 1996 (P). Well ok, i have driven other (hand me downs) for 7yrs, but this is my first very own car! (you can probably tell i'm chuffed!)

Anyway,

I've posted in some other areas but haven't had much response, I'm after some bits and bobs for the car like xenon bulbs, fog lamps and other interior bits and bobs.

1. xenon bulbs, not sure what to get, i've figured H7 headlamp and H1 fogs and sides? Saw this site: H7 :: All Bulbs :: XenonDirect

and these bubls for headlights (bottom of page):
H7 Power to Night GT150
Stock#: SKUPTNH7

What do you think? They come in pairs so I'll only need one box right? Dipped/main and side are all from one bulb right?

2. Where can I get fog lamps and fixtures from and are they easy enought to install myself?

3. These xenon lamps, do i need completely clear headlights or will normal ones do?

4. Also, need some new tyres, all four, bought car with 15" alloys already on (195)

Thanks all, any help much appreciated.

Nas

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum

to be honest dont waste your time on Xenon/HID look headlights... i have spent loads on them and never found a good pair... ie.. over £100 in the last year..!! LOL!!

the bluer you get the less light they produce is the basic of it,.,

Instead pay that little extra and get a HID kit...

See this thread of mine i installed a few weeks back

http://www.audi-forums.com/b6-forum/41103-pictures-my-hids.html

If you are going to keep the stock blubs... the best ones i found were the PHILIPS BLUE VISION PLUS, (with free side lights) - I rated these better than all the others i got. i found the Blue vison plus ones better than the GT150 day to night and Osram silverstars..

see these reviews before you buy anything

Bulb test - H7 blue | Product Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express

Bulb test - H7 + 30 | Product Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express

Bulb test - H7 + 50 | Product Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick,

I was just after some brighter lights, not into being blue or anything, i generally find that cars i've been driving have poor lights and even when i get new bulbs other cars seem to shadow mine when driving past me!

So i heard xenon's are brighter than normal halogens. I don't want to 'pimp' up my ride lol. Anyway, are HIDs legal?

Nas

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
yeah HID's are legal, hence why they are on more and more new cars..

if your staying with the normal bulbs go for the Philips Blue vison or the Vison plus ones...

Rickt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silly question, but am i correct in thinking that the headlamps i've got are fine and all i need to do is change the bulbs? I don't need the totally clear lens?

I had a look at the lamps earlier today and i could only see one bulb in each lamp (but couldn't see properly (lens isn't clear) and one indicator in a seperate housing.

Any ideas on where to get fog lamps from?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts