Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, this is an excelent site that i have found lots of usefull info from but i have two remaining questions that i'm hoping one of you audi gurus out there will be able to help me with...:confused:

1st: my 96 avant came with 1 standard key that works the central locking nicely when inserted into the door, but is it possible that my car has remote cl? and if so is there a way of getting a remote?

2nd: the car is a tdi (red i) does that mean its got 130bhp? because if it does, it's lacking some oooomph and any tips on resoring it would be appreciated.

cheers for listening, db

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

If you contact Audi with the registration or vin number they should be able to tell you if the remote central locking option was factory fitted when new...

Do your windows roll down or up when you hold the key in the lock for a few seconds ??? (Full closure system) ...

If you havent got the RCL you could always buy a alarm off ebay and wire it into your central locking quite easily as ive done this before on an old motor !!

Sorry cant help you with the Tdi question as im a petrol head!! lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnaks for the response, it does have the cool closure thing. i will try and contact audi but feel like a bit of a nusance bothering them about my old car.

as for the power, i found the most incredable amount of crap and leaves in the air box below the air filter that cant have been feeding my horses very well.

any other tips appreciated, cheers

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
it will had Remote C/L, all A4s of that year did...

RED I in that year means 110BHP (the ones without the RED I was only 90BHP..) check you handbook where you should have the sticker from audi and on there it will say XX PSI...

Production1 Jan 1996 to 24 Nov 1999

Length4478 mm
Width1733 mm
Height1417 mm
Weight1285 kg

Fuel DeliveryDirect injection

TransmissionManualGears5 Speed
Performance
Engine Size1896 cc
Cylinders
0-60 mph11.1 s

Power Output110 bhp