Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have an A4 avant with concert strereo, I have located where to put the CD changer, but I couldnt locate the cable, is the cable a standard fitment? or am I going to need to run a lead from the CD unit to the head unit? if so any suggestions where I could get the lead?

Many thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
The car should already be wired for a cd changer. If you can pull the head unit out, check to see if the changer cable is plugged into the rear of the unit, this way you'll at least know if its in the car or not for sure.

If you find the cable IS plugged into the radio, you'll need to look behind the panels in the area of the changer, as it would be tucked away in there somewhere, probably taped to another harness to hold it in place.

If the cable is NOT in the car, you'll need to find a specific Audi or VW changer cable. Most AFTERMARKET brand cables (like alpine, sony, etc) will have the same connector on both ends, this is not the case with the Audi/VW cables. These cables have one square shaped plug on the radio end, and a round DIN connector on the changer end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts