Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Well This is my first Audi and euro car for that matter. Its a 99 A4 Avant Quattro and Ive got most of the bells and whistles figured out aside from 2.

-What activates the headlight washers?
-And is there supposed to be a release lever or button for the fuel door?

Sorry for the green **** questions but I didnt get a users manual with the car. When I open the fuel door (by pushing on the right hand side) it seems like theres a device or something that is either supposed to open the fuel door or keep it closed not really sure which.

Also a quick question about the keyless entry remotes (which I also didnt receive).
I check ebay and there seems to be some different ones out there. When I called the dealer a new one will cost me $220 but they were nice enough to give me a part number of 4d0-837-231-p01c
There are alot listed with the exact same part number aside from the p01c.
Does anyone know if those part numbers are really that specific. Some people seem to lead on that as long as its 4d0 that it should work. Aparently it represents the frequency.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Hi and :00000732:
With regards to the headlight washers they should activate breifly when you pull the front windscreen washer stalk.
The petrol cap is only manually opened by hand and the device you can see is the locking mechanism which locks the cover closed when central locking is activated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks for the help. Ill have to check to make sure the headlight washers are working then.

any idea on the remotes?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yea to activate the head light washers u have to have ur low beams on
and when u unlock the car unlock the gas cap

and i cant help u with the keys

·
Registered
195 Posts
To be specific about the fuel door, when you unlock all the doors the fuel door is unlocked. If you only unlock the driver's door then the fuel door stays locked.

Welcome aboard, I have a 99.5 Avant and love it. 1.8T motor and Tiptronic with sport suspension and 16" wheels. All stock and sweet.

I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

VB

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2000 audi a4 quattro for my first car i am 16 and when i got the previous driver was obviously real ****ty cuz of all the dings in the back. But worst of all the driver side headlight washer cover is missing and the washer itself is kinda funky. So i just got the new cover and spray thing but i dont know how to install it, so does anyone know?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts