Audi Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been expriencing problems with my A4 alarm (stock). When I press the fob button to lock the car the indicators now dont flash although they will when I unlock it. Also the alarm infuriently goes off several times a day thus annoying the neighbourhood and me. Someone has said just to disconnect the module ans buy a new alarm.
Is this the right advice or is this action premature?

Regards

Gary

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
when the alarm goes off do u have the windows and sun roof cracked/open

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why dont the indicators flash then like they used to when I lock the car. Theyy double flash when I unlock still and they flash when alarm goes off?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
try resetting it.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
only way i know how is take the positive off the battery for a little bit, but make sure you have your cdplayer anti theft code before hand or else ur screwed

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think you can put the key in the ignition and press or hold the lock or unlcok button. Might be in your manual

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been on another forum and it has been suggested to that person that bonnet or boot sensors may be dodgy. I have had a quick look but where are they?

·
Registered
34 Posts
i sometimes have the same problem but its only when i have the windows open or the sunroof is cracked open a little bit , Would that do the trick?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:460:
Hooray I have solved the problem. Disconnected the engine compartment sensor and everything is hunky doray. Apart from the obvious being engine compartment not alarmed. Need to get a new sensor and everything will be back to normal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts