Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an A4 3.0 Cab. I need to change the dip headlight nearside bulb. I've read the various threads however I just cannot seem to unplug the wiring socket from the back of the headlight!

It will 'rock backwards' but won't come out. I cannot see any clips etc., and I cannot pull the headlight unit out while the plug is in place. Does anyone have any ideas?

PS. My headlights only have 3 Torq screws (2 on top & 1 behind), not 4 as mentioned in other threads?

PPS. Previously I've owned 2 CLKs (a 320 and a 500) which while being significantly more expensive, after just 3000 miles both suffered from incurable cockpit rattles! My A4 has done over 40k and doesn't rattle, now that's what I call quality!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not totally sure about the connector, it has to come off one way or another... is there a metal clip that snaps into the connector housing? If so, pull this out and the connector will unplug.

The cabrios have different headlights that a sedan/wagon, so thats why you only have 3 bolts holding the lights, not 4.

And about the benzes, they're made by Chrysler.... enough said. =) My 96 A4 has 193,000 miles and it still drives and feels like a new car, very solid!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts