Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here, i just got a 2001 A4 2.8 v6. I was looking to change the intake but found my options limited. Unlike the 1.8, carbonio doesnt make an CAI for the 2.8, and i was wondering what you guys with the 2.8 have done to change your intake? If anybody has any pics or names of intakes that are out there for the 2.8 i would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
i have a 98 2.8l and i made a short-ram intake.it's really easy, just get a k7n air filter hook it up to your hose.you'll have to get a universal extension to hook up to the cone to the hose it won't cost much. mine cost about $40

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
custom is cheaper but i dont like short ram because all your doin is sucking in hot engine bay air

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
that is true, but you really don't have any options with a 2.8 motor unless u get a special piping made for the car. but i have the short-ram and it sounds beautiful. u can feel al little bit of hp gain but if you get an exhaust you'll really feel the gain.
well good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard of problems with the short ram and engine air...hey allwheelgrip what do u mean by custom? and how would i get that done? Thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Originally posted by Armando1589@Nov 10 2005, 09:50 PM
I have heard of problems with the short ram and engine air...hey allwheelgrip what do u mean by custom? and how would i get that done? Thanks
its not really custom most people take out the air box and stick a cone filter there and that isnt gonna work well

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
i have had my short ram on for about 3 months, and the only problem with it was that the sensor was reading the valve letting in more air than usualy, but that is wat is suppossed to happen. down fall is that the check engine light came on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts