Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My Audi 2.0 TDI (143) SE year 2009. A week ago timing belt and water pump was replaced in my Audi A4 (82,802 miles)by an independent garage.
Since then I noticed that my car sounded differently than before the timing belt change. There is a noticeable and annoying high pitched humming/whine gradually gets louder as I accelerate. The noise is not noticeable at idle. Most noticeable as accelerating and pitch of the hum increases as speed increases. This noise was not there prior to the timing belt change.

I since the change of timing belt did travel long distance of 220 miles one way and 220 miles back on the same day hoping the new installed timing belt needs to set in, but the whine/hum has not gone away. It seems to whine louder the harder I accelerate but there is no problem when the vehicle is just ticking over.
The power of the car is fine.
I have taken my car back to the garage but as he is very busy, could not look at it until Thursday. I have booked for Thursday coming to take him for a drive to show/hear him the whine...:frown2:

I would be very grateful for any advice.:|

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is update on my car. I hope this may help .
The problem was from the wheel bearing of front driver side. My car mechanic felt this to fail soon after he'd changed my car's cambelt a coincidence.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts