Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys,

I am new to the 'circles'

I have an audi a4 b5 1.8 1997 - i live in the uk. I want to get a bit more power from it. What mods can I do to it - reasonbly priced if possible :) ? (chip, intake, exhaust)

I also have a question regarding the gear knob. I recently bought a replacement for it (momo combat evo)l. How do I remove the old one. I think the one I have currently it's not even it's original (looks like vw golf to me).

Thanks in advance guys.

George

·
Registered
470 Posts
Could do induction kit, cat back exhaust and a chip. But to be honest its not gonna make much difference 10-15 bhp if that. Looking about £300 for the exhaust, £80 for induction kit and £350 for the chip. If you want power sell it and get the turbo model.

·
Registered
470 Posts
K&N do a good induction kit for it which you can get from most places. Exhaust is a bit more tricky, theres scorpion and supersprint or custom made from powerflow or something. Chip you can get from Superchips but i spoke to a guy there and he said it wasnt really worth it. My exhaust is arriving on monday so i will let you know if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Is that easy to do? I guess you can change the manifold an get the turbo fairly easy but how about the engine internals.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Awesome links man! , I had a question. Do you guys prefer a Greddy G2 exhaust or HKS Turbo Exhaust . Which one is louder , i want a loud exhaust!

=)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts