Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a problem with our Audi A3, its a 1998 model.

Car was sat for about 2 months with no use, and obviously came back to find a dead battery.
Tried jumping it but it just cranks over and doesn't fire.

Have checked for spark, its sparking.
Have renewed the petrol with fresh stuff.

Now, the problem is it isnt fueling. When you turn the ignition on the fuel pump doesnt prime, and when you try to crank it no fuel comes through.

Have tested the circuit and there is no power going to the fuel pump fuse, so the problem lays between the battery and the fuse.
In between these is the relay? I've replaced that to no avail.

If you give a live feed to the fuse then the car starts and idle's happily, so the fuel pump works!

The problem is definately before the fuse but not the relay, what can it be?

TIA for any advice really annoying me know!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
have you had the dashboard out and checked the live feed behind the fuse carrier i had a loose connection on my car with same fault changed the terminal after that it ran ok

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Early a4 and a3 suffered a similar fault after being stood with no voltage.Check fault memory for key signal or key not coded and recode the keys to the immobilzer.Possible jump start has cooked the engine control unit,oops.At the relay check switched earth at terminal 85 of relay and 12 volt at terminal 30 and ignition live at terminal 15 and finally swithced live output to pump at 87f.If there is no switched earth from the ecu at 85 then its either cooked or immobilizer isnt transfering info as keys not coded.Concentrate on whats going into relay,if thats ok the relay is the fault.Hope that reads how i wanted it to,good luck.Regards JON

1 - 3 of 3 Posts