Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have completed just over 5000Klms in my A3 2.0T DSG Sportback. After about 1000Klms I noticed a whine in the transmission when decellerating in 2nd gear (crawling along in peak hour traffic). Discussed with the dealer who advised "nothing wrong".

The noise has become progressively louder since. Has anyone else had similar experience?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
are u down shifting casue that just might be coming from the engine cause ur engine breaking to slow down

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The trans is in auto mode(no intervention by me) and has been in 2nd gear for a period of time.

Accelerating is fine. It's when decelerating (when most stress is on the transmission) that the whine starts. Typically the car is doing around 10-15K/hr.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would try to get it in writing from them that they think nothing is wrong. That way, if this whine does become a problem then at least you can hold them to their warranty, rather than them trying to say that you should've told them sooner.

As a minimum I would've thought they'd at least check gearbox oil too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having trouble with my transmission now. I've only had the car for 3 months and last night driving on the highway when slowing down to 2nd gear the car jerks. When put into park and back into drive the car acts as if it's in netural and doesn't go right away. when it does catch a gear it jerks really hard. I dropped it off at the dealer today and waiting to hear back from them. I've read on other forums that the gear box would have to be changed. Ouch! my new car! And I love this car too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any more info on this?

I am experiencing a similar problem with my 2007 A3 3.2 DSG. It has 7K miles on it, and I am noticing a whine when in 1st and 2nd, and shifting from a stand-still seems to be a bit jerkey. I am curious what this could be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts