Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first post so "Hello" to everyone.

I am currently looking into getting a company car and I am desperate to go for something more up-market than the usual Focus, Astra etc etc.

I am currently looking into getting the A3 1.9TDi Sport (Sportback), my only additions would probably be metallic paint. This will only be a 2 year lease, so I can change it when our family eventually expands :)

I have driven the A4 2.0TDi and was really impressed with the engine, it was really gutsy. How does it compare in the real world to the 1.9TDi, is there much difference or is it not noticable?

My final question sounds a bit girly :) But I am in a dilema over the colour, I really like the Akoya Silver & Lava Grey. However the wife likes Garnet Red. Has anyone seen an A3 in Garnet Red?

I think thats it for now, thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
The sportback in red looks nice... or even the denmin blue looks good...

in regards to engines..

the 2.0TDI is 140BHP... the 1.9TDI used to be 130BHP but has been detunned to 105BHP so its not too close on power to the 140.... (as the 140 costs a biot more..)

i would get to your local audi garage and test drive a 1.9tdi... tell them you are wanting to buy one etc etc... to get a test drive and then tell them you need to think about it.....

going back to colours.... go to Audi UK > Home and chose model and you can look at each car in different colours.... or even just go to your local Audi garage and look at all the colours there..

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
The new 1.9 is fine especially for work as its more economic, but the 2.0 is fantastic. 35 BHP difference i know which one i would want.
I like the silvers show the dirt less than red, but you must keep the missus happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have managed to find some pictures of the Audi in the Red and it does look really nice. As Stannary says, I will probably go with the option to keep the missus happy as I am spending more than I said I would :)

I have a 72hour test drive next week in an SE 3door, as that is all they had at short notice. I will pop to the garage to look at a sport at the weekend as I am interesting in seeing the "gloss" inlays.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Colour is obviously personal choice but the are things to consider.
Is it a qwerky colour with a small market appeal?
Are you looking for a private sale in the future?
How popular is the colour?
Happy with your choice? Then go for it.

I had the SportBack 2.0 TDI DSG and extremely impressed. Although there is a more powerful 2.0 TDI imminent (160bhp ish).

This is a quality car and has more qudos than owning a BMW, which is a good driving car, but they flooding the market. This will be to their detrement.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The black gloss inlays look out of place if you ask me,but thats what you get as standard, choose the aluminium looks far better.
Sport would be my choice you just get different extras than the SE, best to check out what you get in a brochure.
Do you want a sporty car or a comfy cruiser.
The new 170 BHP 2.0 TDI what an engine but of course it costs more & a little less economic,but so much power at the same insurance group, if your buget fits why not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Audi delivered the hire car I ordered this morning, I have it until Thursday morning, and having driven it today I have just ordered one. The hire car is the A3 1.9TDi SE (3 door) and its really really nice. I was worried in my original post about the performance from the 1.9 and I have to say I had nothing to worry about. I only have to drive about 15 miles per day and the 1.9 is more than adaquate for that. Its pretty nippy too I think.

So I have ordered the A3 1.9TDi Sport (Sportback), aluminium inlays and the non-smoking pack. I have opted for Garnet Red with the Black/Grey matrix cloth. I just have to wait for it to arrive now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts