Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New to this forum so hello to everyone. I joined cause my girfriend has an 1998 A3 1.6. She bought the car 3 months ago and at the time it was fully serviced by the garage (Not Audi garage). Timing belt, oil, filters, brakes, basically everthing. But 1000 miles later when you turn on the ignition it comes up with SERV, or is it INSP. Either way I belive it is saying that the car needs servicing again? Am I right? Is the car saying it needs servicing or is it saying there is a problem somewhere else?

As far as I can tell from the manual the car needs servicing every 6000 miles so why is this sign coming up so soon?
Is it something that only an Audi garage can turn off or is there another cheat anyone knows, cross pins on ECU or something.
If the car simply needs servicing then an oil change etc is easy but I can't see how this will be conveyed to the ECU so I guess the message will remain.

Any advice greatfully recieved please.
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi just read your psot I think your first port of call would be to speak to the
servicing agent and consult your service book.
I also think you,ll find the service schedule is 10,000 mile interval,and some models can have their indicators reset from the dash buttons
Please check with the garage that serviced the car
N.B Please make all cheques payable to shauns1966 :amen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts