Audi Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I am looking at a 2006 A3 with 5700 miles on it. The dealer wants to charge me basically the invoice price on a brand-new A3. He said he will go down $500. Are the margins that thin on the A3s, or am I being had?
Thanks for your input!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by fartlek55@Apr 6 2006, 11:52 PM
Hey,
I am looking at a 2006 A3 with 5700 miles on it. The dealer wants to charge me basically the invoice price on a brand-new A3. He said he will go down $500. Are the margins that thin on the A3s, or am I being had?
Thanks for your input!!
Tell him to shove-it M8 and go buy a newby.

dave3dg

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
There trying to rip you off.

Over here in uk once a new car has left the forecourt it loses as much as £3000($4500) off the list price.

Thats without it having 5700 miles on it and already having one owner on log book.

Which model a3 is it out of interest?

Unless its a S3 which i can understand if theres a waiting list due to demand i would look elsewhere or as fartlek55 says buy a new one.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
t-sport - your right....

AUDI APPROVED USED CARS... and copmpare some prices.. I know 5700 miles is not a lot... but you have to think why would some one get rid of it after only 5700 miles?? ex demo?? maybe? or it could be a problem cars with an history of faults which some one had decidied to trade it in and get a fair price... i know people before now and traded them back in if its been in and out of the garage... and the the sake of $500 about what.. £300 GBP.. its not worth the risk... also it could of been hammered for 5700 miles!!

I would suggest you having a look on the below...

http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en1/used_cars.html

let us know what you do.. but its upto you...

Cheers!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by t-sport@Apr 9 2006, 05:38 PM
Over here in uk once a new car has left the forecourt it loses as much as £3000($4500) off the list price.
I don't think it’s entirely true and to some extent it depends upon the “car” you talking about. I’m in the UK too and I’ve seen the several Audi approved used car are being sold at £800 or £1000 less than the original price. When I went to buy my car, December last year, I found one – kinda 8 months old with 3000k on the clock (that was a x-demo one)– and they offered only £800 less. The dealer itself advised me to get a new one rather buy a used one paying almost the same price. I’ve seen Honda to the same type of things. One of my friends who works for car industry for ages told me, few manufacturers like BMW, Audi, Honda, they produce comparatively less cars, increase the waiting time on purpose, never go down a certain limit on price negotiation and thus create a artificial demand to keep the resale value high.
Unless its a S3 which i can understand if theres a waiting list due to demand
Hummm….I didn’t know that one can still order a S3.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
sorry i should have stated the RS3

Audi RS3

turbocharged 3.2-litre v6 : 350 hp : 2006
The Audi RS3 will take the hot hatch brigade by storm and it is expected that this super car will have a power output of about 260kW. Audi say" that there will also be a less powerful S3 model."
MacUsers -Hummm….I didn’t know that one can still order a S3

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by t-sport@May 30 2006, 12:12 AM
sorry i should have stated the RS3
Again, I think, you definitely meant to say “RS4”. As far as I’m aware of, 3 series don’t have any “S” any more other than S-Line pack. I don't even find any thing like that in the Audi UK site. I may worng though.....

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
check this info out so you could get on the waiting list for one!

This first glimpse of the RS3 comes just weeks after the maker confirmed that its less powerful stablemate, the S3, will appear before the end of the year. It will feature a 240bhp version of the firm's 2.0-litre T-FSI turbo engine, and be fitted with quattro four-wheel-drive transmission. Prices for the S3 are set to be around the £30,000 mark; the RS3 will have a £38,000 price tag.
I didnt say you would have to order one from Audi uk as the original thread is about purchasing an A3 from us and im sure Germany would probably be the first to get it. :grin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The margins are thin on all Audi's they have the lowest margin of all the luxury imports. I think you can do better than $500. If you are really ready to buy most dealers will sell a brand new one for a $500. above invoice deal, offer him $500. less then what he wants, tell him your ready to buy. They also make money on your financing so they will be happy if you finance through them. Make sure you catch them now at the end of the month, much easier to negotiate.

Vitalsyne

1 - 14 of 14 Posts