Audi Forums banner

A3 Insurance

15K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Oliver var 
#1 ·
As my new car is almost with me, I need to get insurance sorted out. I've had some pretty good quotes so far, the best being from Privilege (who I'm currently with) and Direct Line. When completing their online quote I was never asked about any modifications so perhaps they don't care?!?!

Just wondered who you are all insured with and if you declared any of your Audi optional extras like alloys or votex kit in my case. You could argue that these are factory fitted after all!

:liebe011:

#2 ·
Well, for anyone that's interested, I've done loads of online quotes and the cheapest for me so far are Privilege and Admiral. The Privilege quote is £361 but the alloys and votex kit aren't declared so I imagine that will go up quite a bit when they add those. The Admiral quote however is £385 with the alloys and bodykit declared so I think that's the one I'll be going for. All depends on what Privilege say about the extras so I'll update when it's all sorted!

PS. Both quotes include protected NCB and voluntary excess of £150 (+£50 compulsory).

#4 ·
jesus, that's a good price considering you have protected NCD. My premium has just gone down to about £360, but I don't have protection (so to speak).

That's with Direct Line by the way. I guess I should actually shop around a bit really, rather than just accepting their renewal quote, but I seem to be rather lazy :p

#5 ·
Hi

Im insured with masterquote costing me £321 with all my mods declared! Considering I have got a full s3 kit, xenons and leather interior I think that is really cheap!
I have 6 years no claims but my excess is £350 which I dont mind because im not planning on smashing it!

Ps it cost me £364 with no mods.... whats up with that?

#12 ·
insurance is more exspensive over here.if i was to get insurance from england it may be cheaper but would take a long time to come through if i had an accident or needed to claim.i dont mind payin wat i pay as long as i can drive a decent car.my mum is under my name too.brought it down slightly.im actually wif zurich,a broker here is contracted with them.im hoping itl drop around £1000 cuz iv never had a claim and no points.touch wood!!!

#15 ·
Hi guys,

Did anyone out here ever go with Kwik-Fit Insurance? The cheapest I get from Kwik-Fit Insurance - £672, (2 yrs no-claim with one clicm) with £200 access fees for my Dec 2005 A3 2.0 Diesel Sportback. Feedbacks from anybody are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#19 ·
Hi Mandy, I've got a full S-line body kit waiting to be fitted in the summer. Its a genuin Audi kit so do you need to declare it? How can the insurance company tell if its 'factory fit' or not especially when its got genuin 8P part numbers all over it! Cheers. P.S keep the good work up your motor looks top!

#23 · (Edited)
There are a lot of things that influence the price of your insurance. For example, if you are a novice driver, you will need to pay twice more for an insured car if you are an older person or have some disabilities. You can find more information about this on moneyexpert.com. In some countries, the price of insurance also depends on your gender. I think this is very funny. But in my opinion, I agree only with the fact that if you have less experience, you will need to pay more for insurance, because there is a higher chance that you will get in an accident.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.