Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm abit new on this forum but would really appreciate some help on a Headlight Conversion i would like to do on my 1998 A3.

I would like to change the headlights from the old style headlights to the newer 2000>2003 headlights, the one which has the indicator intergrated within the headlights.
I've read on the net that there is some modification needed to accomodate for the new style headlights by replacing the wiring connector and remove some metal flange from the inner where the old separate indicator attacthed to..

Has anyone completed a Conversion like this or encountered any problems relating to this.. If so i would appreciate it if you could help me along with my conversion :crying: and if anyone could advise me on how to remove the metal flanges and which connectors i would need for the new lights... :grin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
HI, I have just registered and saw your post-

I am upgrading my lights on my 1999 A3- I managed to pick up one light unit (driver side) off of ebay for £20 to see how easy its going to be to fit so will let u know how I get on!,

All I need to know how to do know is, How do i take the bumper off!! does anybody know how this is done? removed all visable bolts but it doesnt budge! any help?

I am also replacing the grill to the newer style which has a slightly deeper chrome section so need to remove bumper for this aswell,

thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts