Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I bought a 2005 2.0 TDI sport just under a month ago and took it for its first long drive at the weekend for 2 hours. All of a sudden sitting on the motorway, the whole of the dash electrics including speedo and rev meter went dead. The engine continued normally but I pulled in anyway. I switched the engine off and attempted to restart the car but again nothing happened. After a few mins I tried again and everything was working fine.
I phoned the local dealership where I purchased the car and I was really annoyed with the aftersales service. I was told that I would have to pay for a diagnosis and that there was no courtesy car available. After my protests, It was agreed that the car could be booked in next week but at the moment I am still under my 30 day/1000 mile exchange guarantee and wondered if I should switch the car to another less electrically dodgy one? Or wait until next week when the 30 days will have expired.
It may be nothing and I love the car apart from this one issue, what do you all reckon?
Would really appreciate some advice or if anyone has heard of this happening

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would give them a chance,

I had a problem with a speed sensor, which was intermittent. I called out Audi Assist and they sorted everyhing, even the RAC guy on the Monday who came to collect the car and wouldn't take it as the problem at that time had gone away. (They had sorted me a hire car on New Years day and I was at work, so they had to deal with my wife)

If they don't look like sorting it before you 30 days are up I would consider the option of rejecting it, as once that has passed you will have trouble getting them to take the car back.

2005 Sportback Dolphin Grey, leather, Bose and other bits

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for your comments Rodger, The 30 days runs out on Friday so I'm thinking that I need to shift pretty quickly on this one. I just have a sneaky feeling that it may be a fault that only occasionally rears its head and they won't pick up on it!! mMMMMA Dilemma indeedy.
I can only imagine they will try their best to disuade me from swapping it for another one..
Watch this space

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I would reject the car on the above basis... unless they are willing to give you an addtional 30 days and investigate the issue...

other wise it could cost you loads... for example a new dash cluster is about £450.00 + Labour.... around £700 GBP...

Let us know how you get on,.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts