Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A3 thinks its driver's door is open. This only seems to happen in warm weather - it was a problem last summer but during the winter has been fine and in the evening it's fine when the temperature is cooler. When you close the driver's door the interior light stays on and the DIS display on the dash says the door is open. Repeated opening and closing doesn't clear the problem. Also, the central locking button inside doesn't work and the alarm doesn't arm when locking the doors from outside (although the door itself does lock).

I have taken to climbing in and out from the passenger side so as not to open the driver's door!

Any ideas? I can't see a switch anywhere round the door so I assume it's part of the door lock. Do i need a complete new door lock or is it a dodgy sensor that can be cleaned or adjusted? Happy to tackle it myself.

Cheers
RJ

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Inside the door lock there is a micro switch,unfortunatly it is part of the lock,it sounds like its sticking.I have replaced many of these locks for this issue,but also had occasional wiring issue inside the a pillar/door rubbing,causing unwanted earth.If you are going to attempt your self mark the windoe regulator frame so you can line it back up when refitting.Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Inside the door lock there is a micro switch,unfortunatly it is part of the lock,it sounds like its sticking.I have replaced many of these locks for this issue,but also had occasional wiring issue inside the a pillar/door rubbing,causing unwanted earth.If you are going to attempt your self mark the windoe regulator frame so you can line it back up when refitting.Good luck
I really need to reopen this topic. No matter i do the signal still door open, even with new microswitch. Can you tell me where i can find that unwanted ground? It's in the door or inside the car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts