Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My A3 Has a fault with the dash panel. It flickers like mad and all the dials and info panels just go heywire, the temp gauge goes up and down constantly as does the fuel gauge. When warm it settles down but displays a different time on the clock. Audi dealer has, as I thought, diagnosed that a new dash insert is needed. Does anyone know the official labour time to remove and fit one of these. They want to charge me 1.9 hrs making it a very expensive repair!

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

JD

·
Registered
272 Posts
i can take a set of dials out in five mins and i dont work for them may spend time re mateing the new dials with the ecu but not sure

·
Registered
144 Posts
Before going to the dealer, try getting the instrument cluster out, disconnect and the reconnect the wires on its back. It's a 10-15 minute work and you may be lucky enough to cure the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
dash board

I made this tutorial about fixing a dash problem, there are some pics included about the connectors at the back.
HTH
Audi A3 8L Dash Display Dead Pixel Repair
hey nynex!!

Good work on the tutorial about fixing a dash problem!!
however i`m with the same problem on my A3 but im having problems on getting the temprature and diesel needle off! The RPM and KM/H neddle came off easy (just have to pull them off) but i`ve already pulled the two smaller ones (engine temperature and diesel) but they dont come off and dpnt wont to pullo any harder cause they could break. Any help anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts