Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.I am the owner of an 2005 A3 8P 1,6 8V Attraction Brilliant Red Colour. I am trying to gradually transform my car into S-line Look. I have already added chrome look mirrors and this week I will add a set of four alloys from the S-line (7 arm) in size 7,5X17 inch with 225/45/17 tyres, since the car has 16 inch wheels.I need your advice in the following issue : I would like to lower my car, (not too much about 1,5-3 cm), because it has the ugly -SUV look!!!
Since my car doesn't have OEM sports suspension and I would like to keep the standard dampers , is it possible fitting a set of four springs from Ambition model or the S-line model? Does anybody knows what will happen to my std dampers after the fitting (I never put load to car), or is it better to buy something aftermarket ?Thank you in advance and sorry for the large post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just go for a set of aftermarket springs they will lower you car giving it the sporty look your lookin for and are not very expensive. this way keeping the original dampers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2006 A3 and had the sport suspension on, it is lower than the original by only .5 to .75", and I put in a set of Neuspeed springs with the dampers, for the sport suspension one you dont need to change the dampers but for aftermarket over 1.3" you should

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought that after putting bigger rims on my A3 the gap between arch and tyre was too obvious. So I have lowered it 40 mm on Eibach springs. Also kept the original shocks which cope perfectly well on the shorter spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts