Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Audi have still not got to the bottom of my steering problem and a new problem has surfaced. I was driving back from exeter on friday and after about an hours driving i was going up a hill on the A303 and the clutch began to slip, only for a few seconds in 6th. I was so suprised could hardly beleive it!!, anyway for the rest of the journey it periodically slipped 4th, 5th and 6th.

I took it into audi yesterday and they were not over helpful considering it is under warranyty and less than 2 years old. The said to leave the car but could not offer a courtesy car, so i said no to that and they said bring in tomorrow and they will try and get me a car.

However i need transportation and am not over keen on driving it too far, i asked the service chap and he reckons there is no faults with the clutches, however suggested it could be an oil leak but they will not know till it is dismantled.

I was a bit annoyed as he said they would assess if it is eligable for warranty when taken apart, as i told him, i dont drive around with my foot resting on the clutch pedal!!. Anyhow would be interested to know if anyone has had any clutch problems especially on the 2.0tdi.

A pity because i am losing my faith a bit in audi as i wonder if the a3 and the 2.0tdi unit may have some teething problems, all the best everyone
jeremy :beer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
YES MATE SAME THING ONLY ON LONG JORNEYS THEN GOT WORST
COMPLAIN THE THIRD TIME AND THE TECH SAID THERE HAD BEEN A SERIES OF FAULTY CLUTCHES WORK DONE UNDER WARRANTY HAPPEN ABOUT 25K NOW 56K ALL OK JUST COMPLAIN LIKE HELL I KNOW YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO BUT IT WORKS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi everyone,

Just to give you an update, i continued to have this intermittent clutch problem and took it back about 4 times and moaned and moaned but not much happened as they could not get it to repeat the problem.

Anyhow a chap from a forum got in touch with the same problem and i put my local dealer in touch with his and a result.

The clutch was replaced under warranty, apparently a fault that is surfacing on the 2.0tdi, the clutch on some is not man enough for the job and every so often slips. Anyhow my dealer was good in the end and fault has not re-occured.

However if you have this problem keep moaning as they know there is a fault!!
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts