Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing an A3 2.0T Sportback. I'm interested to hear about owner experiences (good and bad).

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i love the A3 but its basicly a VW GOLF that been audified

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought an A3 three months ago, and I still make-up excuses just to go drive it. It is a great call to have, especially in the DC area where traffic sucks, and maneuverability counts. The turbo it a blast to drive, however there is some turbo lag. There is plenty of power, but I will probably modify mine in the next year or so. I was comparing the Legacy, Volvo V50, and the Saab 93, but this thing won because of its overall package. The interior is great, the seats are firm , but comfortable, the sunroof kicksass.

The only real things to consider are:
Sports vs premium package (I have the premium, because I couldn't tell the difference when I drove the two)
Do you want to wait for the all-wheel drive V6 due out in a couple of months. I would have liked to had all wheel drive.

All in all an awesome car to have.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Originally posted by AllWheelGrip@Nov 2 2005, 10:27 AM
i love the A3 but its basicly a VW GOLF that been audified
The newest A3 is no longer an "audified" Golf. Though the engine may be the same, the gearbox makes the difference and the A3 is sportier. The suspension is also differently set up. And, of course, it's an Audi, so other materials used for the interior, and luxury design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts