Audi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so desperately trying to work out what’s happening with my motor, had no previous issues however my car keeps cutting out sometimes while driving and when idling no error codes and struggles to start back up no issues on ecu wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas checked battery and alternator they’re both fine just completely stuck now should mention no warning lights also just dies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi so desperately trying to work out what’s happening with my motor, had no previous issues however my car keeps cutting out sometimes while driving and when idling no error codes and struggles to start back up no issues on ecu wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas checked battery and alternator they’re both fine just completely stuck now should mention no warning lights also just dies
this may be totally incorrect but there's a punchline for the very same issue i had on a ford sierra in the uk many moons ago.

I had been periodically filling up my car with a petrol can that was laying underneath a bench where mutton cloth was being cut from a roll to polish vehicles at a Vauxhall dealership. Every time the mutton cloth was cut pieces of mutton cloth fell into the fuel can, I tell thee no lie, and after nearly one year a fair bit had worked into my vehicle fuel system from the fuel can so I had the same issue where I would be driving along and the Sierra 1.8 GL brand new would cut out and I would stop and 5 minutes later everything would be sweet.

I put it into the fitters section of the dealership and they could find nothing wrong until I pushed my friend to investigate further and he took it on a long run and he was just about to give up when the engine cut out and then started again 5 minutes after stopping.

When he got back to the workshop he had an idea and he took out the fuel tank and inside he found all the pieces of mutton cloth that were being sucked against the filter and thus every now and again the amount of mutton cloth pieces covered the filter and starved the engine of fuel and when the engine was switched off the mutton cloth pieces subsided and unclogged the filter and so it started fine.

Now yours may be nothing to do with mutton cloth and yes I do have an Audi A4 Avant 3.2Q V6 automatic 2008 now but what I'm saying is that that experience a long long time ago has stuck with me and I guess there's some moral here whereas perhaps just because it's an Audi it's not necessarily a technical issue lol forgive me but it is a true story and it did happen to me decades ago when I worked in a Vauxhall dealership in the used car section and I guess there's a moral with the mutton cloth that could be angled towards malfunctions of 2022.

But anyway I hope you sort this and I'm sure it has nothing to do with mutton cloth but maybe the moral in there somewhere might point you in the right direction lol. OR NOT :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts