Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all .
few days back I have removed one of the backseats ( right one ) , and now I cannot put it back , it just does not click when 2 pins are inserted in their holes .
There used to be a click when you bend the seat , but even that does not happen .
Any ideas what is broken and how to fix this ?
The only thing holding the seat now is top latch , not safe enough with a child seat fitted .
your help appreciated

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
It looks like the seat mechanism is not locked correctly, when it is out of the car it should be locked in the folded position if it isn't then the pins will not be in the right position to lock into the holes in the body, if this is the case take the seat out, hold it together and give it a good push, it may take some good pressure with a knee and body to achieve this, once locked put it back in the car, hook in the front, lower the pins into the holes and give it a sharp push, while doing this you may have to also push the seat backrest down at the headrest and you will hear the pins click into place. Sounds complicated I know ( well it is an Audi) hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reply to Badger

Thanks mate , your reply is technicaly correct , unfortunately I've tried it already . Seat does not lock at all in bent position and small roller balls do not go inside the pins , preventing them from entering the holes . I've even opened the back of the seat and looked at the lever mechanism that pushes the pins , they do not fit equally , one down , one in the middle , but have no idea how to fix them . One of the small springs was out of place , did put it back , no change .
I just hate to give to some kid in a delaership who knows less then I do .

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Ok if it's got that far out you will have to strip all the trim off and put the frame in the car to see what is happening. If you take it to the dealer you can ask to talk to the Master Technician and insist he looks at it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same thing has happened to me - to get the pins to reset properly, replace the seat into the car then exert some hard pressure down on the back of the seat (you may need to kneel down on the seat back) while at the same time pulling on the release handle at the base of the seat. With a bit of manipulation the pins should reset so that the collar is under the ball bearings rather than above. You will then be able to replace the seat in the usual way.

Trust this will be of help if not rather late!

·
Registered
315 Posts
The same thing has happened to me - to get the pins to reset properly, replace the seat into the car then exert some hard pressure down on the back of the seat (you may need to kneel down on the seat back) while at the same time pulling on the release handle at the base of the seat. With a bit of manipulation the pins should reset so that the collar is under the ball bearings rather than above. You will then be able to replace the seat in the usual way.

Trust this will be of help if not rather late!

Thanks it worked for me:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
oops!

Hi

I recently removed the rear seats from my girlfriend's A2 so I could load it up with fishing gear.

I put the seats back but the rear left seat would not anchor back at the shoulder clip. I checked the mounting bolts were in the right place and could not work out why it would not lock back.

At this point its kind of embarrassing.

I took out the right seat and wedged myself between the interior of the boot and the left seat and leg pressed the seat into position and the top clicked into place. I refitted the right seat and all looked good until..........

The next time I tried to remove the left seat the top clip would not unlock (probably because some idiot forced it into position the last time).

I now have no idea how to remove the seat as its completely locked into place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I fully accept the fact that I was a bell-end to force it.

Embarrassed of Middlesex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spleenboy's seat

Hey mate ,

seems that your seat didn't fit right on the bottom part and that caused top part not to fit as well . Try looking from the trunk to see if both seats are on the same level , probably one is lower then the other . If they differ , press the higher one down ( see advice above ) , and this might help .
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts