Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought an A2 for the wife last year (2002 model) and at the time of purchasing i had the offside front shock absorber replaced (it came back to me with the spring loaded in upside down which i spotted and had to inform the garage mechanic). Everything was fine for about 10 months until it suddenly started to make a knocking noise when travelling slowly over little bumps in the roads. The noise appears to be coming from the front (i'm not sure where it is coming from; it tends to move) and it has also developed a shudder through the steering when braking from motorway speeds to 30mph (initially thought warped discs but the pedal is not pulsing when braking). Has anybody else suffered from these symptons before i visit the AUDI garage and have hole burnt into my bank balance ?

:57:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the control arms on the steering rack ?. I haven't checked the CV joints, i will do that, but i'm surprised that a CV joint can go after only 33000 miles.
After all thats why i bought AUDI, build and reliabilty assurances !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:beer:

Did you do the job yourself or did a garage do it for you. When you say it was the joint did they also replace the actual roll bar. How much did it cost to have the work carried out ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
the anti roll bar problem is common Audi admitted to me but would not do any thing as my car was out of warranty, cost me around £200 to get replaced but then my brother runs a garrage :) . the Audi replacement has been modifies from the original, so the know they got it wrong the first time!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts